- China giant Shein's tax ruse 'big threat to Boohoo'
Shein is free from Chinese VAT and consumer taxes and is subject to lower corporation taxes. Sales are forecast to approach $20billion next year.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 24 Oct 2021 10:28:29 GMT.
- How to avoid getting ripped off by COVID scams
COVID-related cybercrimes are costing consumers close to $600 million. Consumer Investigator Jason Knowles has tips to help you avoid being ripped off.
ABC News. Sunday, 24 Oct 2021 01:49:47 +0000.
- Walmart recalls room spray for "rare and dangerous" bacteria
CDC urges consumers not to even open recalled bottles and use gloves in returning them to the retailer.
CBS News. Saturday, 23 Oct 2021 11:05:00 -0400.
- An Ethics Perspective On Facebook
The competition for consumer engagement is fierce, with Facebook being an egregious albeit highly successful manipulator of consumer attention. ...
Forbes. Friday, 22 Oct 2021 18:10:16 -0400.
- Google is still 'all in' on health care: Chief health officer Karen DeSalvo
Google shut down its Health unit in August, but is still 'all in' on the health-care industry and consumer health tech, say chief health officer Karen DeSalvo.
CNBC. Friday, 22 Oct 2021 21:13:39 GMT.
- Netflix: A Company At A Crossroads
Netflix continues to perform, churning out a ton of content consumers love. But there's also been some backlash on some of it, which could impact investors.
Forbes. Friday, 22 Oct 2021 10:37:25 -0400.
- Factors Likely to Decide Keurig's (KDP) Fate in Q3 Earnings
Keurig (KDP) Q3 results are likely to reflect gains from improvement in the away-from-home channel due to increased consumer mobility. Supply-chain headwinds and high costs are likely to have ailed.
Zacks. Friday, 22 Oct 2021 14:08:00 GMT.
- Longest losing streak on record for retail sales as consumer confidence slumps to lockdown level
Retail sales volumes took a surprise dip last month to achieve their longest losing streak on record, according to official figures released as a measure of consumer confidence showed a slump to levels last seen in February.
Sky News. Friday, 22 Oct 2021 06:40:00 +0100.
- Hainan consumer sector up 31.9% from January to September
The main factor contributing to the increase in retail sales was value-added consumer goods
Tass. Thursday, 21 Oct 2021 18:15:23 +0300.
- PG Tips and Cornetto maker maker Unilever warns prices will rise
Consumer goods giant Unilever says high rates of cost inflation will continue into next year.
BBC News. Thursday, 21 Oct 2021 12:40:50 GMT.
- UK agrees free trade deal with New Zealand
The government says consumers and businesses will benefit from deal, but it is unlikely to boost growth.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Oct 2021 22:06:04 GMT.
- Consumer Updates
Science-based health and safety information you can trust.
Food and Drug Administration. Wednesday, 20 Oct 2021 13:57:37 EDT.