- Google unveils new $999 smart glasses for businesses, undercutting Microsoft's HoloLens on price
Google announced Google Glass Enterprise Edition 2 on Monday, a new set of smart glasses that's catered toward businesses and costs $999. Google has focused on business use cases after its first model failed among consumers.
CNBC. Monday, 20 May 2019 16:00 GMT.
- The Lesson From The "Big CPG" Lack Of Success: Scale Can Create A Blind Spot For Consumer Needs
Once bolstered by scale, the size of Big CPG companies has created blind spots for niche consumer needs and underserved demographics. Big CPG has been slow to innovate, and investment in innovation is inadequate.
Forbes. Monday, 20 May 2019 11:36:00 -0400.
- Consumer Sentiment Jumps to 15-Year High: ETFs to Buy
Rising consumer confidence bodes well for household spending in the coming months, and is expected to have a positive impact on the consumer discretionary sector, which attracts a major portion of consumer spending.
Zacks. Monday, 20 May 2019 15:30:00 GMT.
- Hispanic Millennials Are Closer To The Hispanic Culture Than Most Think
A new study from Kantar Consulting provides a deep dive into the U.S. Hispanic consumers, reaffirming some insights about the segment, and demystifying some other perceptions about younger Hispanics.
Forbes. Monday, 20 May 2019 09:09:00 -0400.
- Economists find net benefit in soda tax
A team of economists has concluded that soda taxes serve as a 'net good,' an assessment based on an analysis of health benefits and consumer behavior.
Science Daily. Monday, 20 May 2019 08:19:18 EDT.
- Consumers Are Singin' Sunsweet and Feelin' Good
YUBA CITY, Calif., May 20, 2019 -- Sunsweet Growers has embarked on a mission to invite consumers to share their feel good moments and their interpretations of the brand's new catchy and infectious Feel Good jingle. ...
PR Newswire. Monday, 20 May 2019 11:00:00 +0000.
- Utility employees release 12 juvenile turtles into habitat
SAGINAW, Mich. (AP) - A dozen juvenile turtles have been released into a habitat created for them by employees of a Michigan utility. Jackson-based Consumers Energy says the Blanding's turtles were placed Thursday in the Saginaw area. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 20 May 2019 06:54:29 -0400.
- Huawei makes smartphone comeback in Brazil
The company has relaunched its consumer business in the Latin American country with two high-end handsets and local manufacturing plans.
ZDNet. Friday, 17 May 2019 13:29:23 +0000.
- Coty Appoints Fiona Hughes as Consumer Beauty CMO
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Coty Inc. today appointed Fiona Hughes as Chief Marketing Officer, Coty Consumer Beauty.
Business Wire. Friday, 17 May 2019 12:15:00 UTC.
- Consumer bodies seek to force Alibaba portal to honor EU shoppers' rights
Consumer bodies from Belgium, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and Spain on Friday urged their national consumer protection agencies to act against Alibaba's online shopping portal for allegedly setting unfair terms for EU users.
Reuters. Friday, 17 May 2019 05:20:57 -0400.
- EasyJet bookings hit by Brexit and economic uncertainty
British budget airline easyJet has said future bookings are down as concerns over Brexit and economic uncertainty sap consumer demand.
Sky News. Friday, 17 May 2019 10:19:00 +0100.
- Sunyata Hotel Meili - The Beauty Of Restrain
Berlin - Carved from a former Tibetan home cradled in a remote hillside in Yunnan province, Sunyata Hotel Meili stands as the antithesis to the hyper-consumerism and materialism that drives the modern world. ...
Hsyndicate. Friday, 17 May 2019 10:36:12 +0200.